If you have a big family, you know that there are some things that only people in a big family understand. From being able to find someone to play with whenever you want to always having someone there for support, here are seven things, as highlighted by Mark R Graham, that only happen when you have a big family.
Mark R Graham Lists The Things You’ll Only Know If You Have A Big Family
1. You’re constantly being compared to your siblings – In a big family, it’s inevitable that you will be compared to your siblings, says Mark R Graham. Whether it’s in terms of looks, grades, or achievements, there is always someone who is seen as the “better” child. This can be frustrating and even lead to jealousy, but it also teaches you to be humble and grateful for what you have.
2. You have to share everything – From toys to clothes to bedrooms, everything in a big family is shared. This can be tough at times, but it also teaches you the importance of sharing and cooperation.
3. You’re never alone – There is always someone around in a big family. Whether you need help with homework or just want someone to talk to, there is always someone available. This can be both a blessing and a curse, but it definitely makes for a close-knit family.
4. There’s always someone to lean on – In a big family, you know that there is always someone there for you. Whether you need a shoulder to cry on or just some advice, your family will always be there for you.
5. You learn to appreciate quality time – With so many people in the house, it can be hard to get some quality time with your parents or siblings. As a result, you learn to appreciate and cherish the times when you do have their undivided attention.
6. You wouldn’t have it any other way – Despite the challenges, you wouldn’t trade your big family for anything in the world. They may drive you crazy at times, but you know that you would be lost without them.
7. You know the true meaning of family – In a big family, you learn what it truly means to be part of a family. There is nothing like the love and support of a close-knit family, according to Mark R Graham, and you would do anything for them.
Mark R Graham’s Concluding Thoughts
Being a part of a big family is something that not many people get to experience. It’s chaotic and loud, and it always feels like there’s someone around. But it also comes with so much love and support, says Mark R Graham. If you’re lucky enough to be part of a big family, cherish it. Soak up all the craziness and enjoy every single minute of it. Because someday, you’ll miss having all those people around constantly.